||The tax accountant position is accountable for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies. The tax accountants tax expertise of one jurisdiction e.g. South Africa usually limits to him to local roles, as each country’s tax legislation differs. This is however a highly sought after direction with great earnings potential if your good and passionate about tax.
|Example of responsibilities
- Completion of deferred tax calculations
- Assistance with completion of tax calculations and tax returns
- Assistance with responses to tax authorities on various tax queries
- Assistance with managing the various tax advisors used by group companies
- Completion of tax budgeting and planning calculations
- Assistance with documenting and resolving tax issues
- Assistance with tax planning
- Assistance with Audit Committee tax reporting
|Experience/ qualifications required
- Qualified CA with post qualification experience, particularly in tax depending on role level and company
- Post-graduate degree or diplomas in taxation will be advantageous.